Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundant.

 I spent today in bed jail, contemplating my sins and infidelities, basically looking at my pride and reminding myself that this is an instance when following instructions will make things easier.  Had I not fallen, I’d have been able to go on a short walk and perhaps start back crocheting my latest project.  Instead, I was in bed jail with all the railings pulled up and locked off.  Then every time I tried to get up, there were multiple witnesses all muttering variations of, “you may need to call for help, she fell last night…” so even people who didn’t previously know me are aware that I fell and scared my nurses, the on call staff, and so on. 

Thanks very much for the lovely gifts of cupcakes, chocolates, snacks, chips and tomorrow’s lunch supplement 😊😝 and the charming local wildlife videos! (A bear cub!



Candy
Snack bag

Hare-crazy rabbits, and the erotic chipmunk… plus stately cats, adorable dogs, an impressive selection). I was being teased by the orderlies about the food coming in, “you’d think that you’re about to have a birthday” 😂 Thanks so much guys. Really.  You help brighten up my day in ways that a mid morning fire alarm only does to your heart rate! (There was an alarm.  It was not serious.)  

There is one of the people here who saw my little bottle of “hot” pepper sauce that I’ve kept since the beginning.  He picks it up every time I saw him.  I offered him a taste equally often, and he declined… until a couple of days ago when I had the last few pieces of mango and his gaze was so drawn to the fruit that I just cut one piece off and shoved it in his face. His eyes widened!  I grinned happily, expecting to be praised, when he sobbed, “you poisoned me!”  Confused… what?  As a scientist, I decided to try piece of mango myself.  Well!  I’m embarrassed!  I had been missing home, and daddy had done his regular session of showing me how many mangoes have collected overnight, and then pictures from the kids about mango chow. I had added about a teaspoon of the sauce to the mango slices to make a cheap, lazy chow!  To me, it barely registered as hotter than salt, pepper and vinegar,, but to the tester it was apparently liquid fire.  I make sure that the bottle is out of easy reach of everyone!

My conversations are brief with the other staffers.  They’re here to clean or move or something fairly short term, so our exchanges are as we go.  One girl arrived to bathe me and was almost immediately, She was telling me a story about her challenge with signing up for the hospital system in preparation for a test.  After we’d chatted for about 5 minutes, she hands me her phone and says, can you set it up for me?  I’m nervous about using someone else’s phone, but she unlocks it and hands it back.  I took a minute to find the app link and information, but it needed her input and I tapped her on the shoulder to return it.  She shrieked and swatted off the phone right into her bucket of disinfectant! We fished it out, driving it to a facility nearby and it’s been dropped into something to help with drying.  I felt awful, because I had made her jump.  Long story reduced significantly, she gets the phone back, turned it on… it works perfectly. We all offer a prayer of thanks and get ready to resume normal activity but instead it beeps loudly.  Panic!  What did we do?  It’s not doing anything!  Then I realized that if the phone is ringing, you can’t do much,,, <fail noise>  

On that note, I’ll leave you.  We had a day in which it was clear that sense and logic were in suspense.  There were 2 actual cases of people hunting madly for phones that were in their hands!  All the “crazies running the asylum” jokes coming aloud.  I’ll assume that the thunderstorm has cleared up for most of the area and it will be a calmer time for all.  I hope that there aren’t any more eels left in your hovercraft and we can have a break from the constant stress of life during this pandemic.  Enjoy your day! 🥰😘


Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are still very naughty and much loved sunshine each day brings renewed strength amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and she sounds like what a ray of sunshine looks like

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!