Day 3

I am still dealing with feeling down… that’s 3 days, and 2 days longer than usual.  I’m still not certain why I can’t find my balance point in this.  I’ve tried all the assorted techniques that I’ve been taught over the years, and so far nothing.  I’m currently working off the “just get up and DO something,” approach, recommended by one of my friends who has dealt with prolonged depression, and so today I worked on making myself tired.  (That’s not particularly difficult, but I pushed myself to the point of feeling wiped, so I’m sitting now to recover.)   As you can guess, I have a tiny dictator telling me that he’s being neglected and needs to be petted.  He keeps nosing my hand off the keyboard so I can pat him or massage his tummy.  Spoiled little monster 😘. Don is looking after our balcony garden, which (this year) has tomatoes, radishes, the Christmas cacti and some flowers.  There are a number of tomatoes on the bushes, and in a couple of weeks we’ll be happily inundated with fresh ones.  (Unless we have more wind storms, the last of which broke 2 of the plants.)

I’m ISO some new books to read.  I’ve just finished rereading a 14-book series, and I need a “transition” book to disengage from that world which was sufficiently absorbing that I wish that there was a 15th book to serve as an epilogue… there’s fan fiction, but it’s bad even for that genre!  I’ve read other fan fiction, some of which is spectacular (thanks, Fiend!) gripping and worthy to be added to canon, and some that’s so dreadful that you regret the 5 minutes spent reading it!  I’ll try reading some if it’s of a book / series / TV show / movie that I enjoy, because it’s interesting to see how others view the characters and their interactions, but I’m not going to be captivated by a badly written story.  If anyone has a book to recommend, I’m again asking for suggestions!

That’s all for today.  I hope that I can work through this funk soon and feel more normal.  Take care, and sweet dreams.  Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!