Wandering

I took the monster out for a short walk today again.  He gets so excited to go out that he pulls on the leash just to get out of the condo, and in the elevator, he shivers and whimpers until we leave the building.  Once we’re out, he runs for the trees (often stalled by the leash hitting its limit,) barks at any passerby and then takes off for the corner to cross over and get started on his route.  If anyone gets on the elevator, he barks loudly at them, so we have a short, sharp discussion on his manners.  On the way back, he’s wound down, so he’s a lot quieter.  I’m glad that the weather cooperated today so we were able to walk the block (without my cane!! 🤩) and he was able to run off some excess energy so he should sleep well tonight!  Don and I shared some of his pain meds — in my defence, it’s a “breakthrough” tablet that I might use occasionally.  Mine weren’t as effective as I expected, so I took one of his.  My doctor is aware of my infrequent use, so I’m not sneaking anything!  I’m heading to an early bed tonight, in hopes of reducing the pain that I have.  I may or may not have done too much in a short time which might have caused this.  I’m watching Jerry play attacking Don, who is winding him up… I will be under attack shortly, because when they do that, Jerry has to expand his victim list 😆 

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m tired of Covid.  Not just that I’m tired of the masks, but of the people who think that they’re invulnerable and who make it harder on everyone else.   From my perspective, the people who decided that their pleasure outweighed the regulations just made it worse.  It was sad to hear how many people — of all ages — would say things like, “it’s not my problem, I really needed to get here to buy this game,” or that they were “bored” being at home so they definitely, absolutely had to attend a party.  The selfishness was palpable, and disgusting.  Thankfully, the measures were sufficiently successful to keep the hospitals from collapsing completely (at least, here in Ottawa, and in Trinidad) although the pandemic shone some massive spot lights on the weaknesses and cracks in our health care systems.  Like everyone else, I’m eager to be able to dispose of the masks, and end the mandates, but if I’m honest, I’m not comfortable with the idea of going back out to “normal” where that means overcrowded  airports, people are crammed into such small locations like elevators and breathing on one another;  or even outdoor venues where people smoosh together. There are also so many 

I’m moping because my BFF’s roommate went to an outdoor concert and contracted Covid, and had  a bad attack.  My BFF is isolating in another part of the house, but we’ve agreed to err on the side of caution, and we haven’t met up in WEEKS, because the roommate is still positive.  Given the situation with my immune system, we’ve agreed not to meet until 5 days the roommate is negative… and time is slipping past.  I’m not sure if I should risk a meeting or just exercise more patience to get through this.  I’d feel dreadful if I rushed things and wound up with this plague now, when we’re almost back to normal.  So I’ll continue to exercise patience, and I’ll get to see everyone soon, right?

OK, I had to erase and retype that because I made NO sense, so clearly it’s bedtime.  Good night all!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!