Phew!

 

We had a very early start this morning.  I was up at 5:30, as we had an appointment at the hospital for shortly after 7:00.  Jerry didn’t like being woken up at that hour, and stretched himself out, paws in the air, for extra petting and cuddles.  When I got up and got started, he picked up his toy and walked behind me, whining.  He went to Don for more petting, found that that didn’t work, and went for his harness.  He enjoyed his car ride and his time running around in the deep snow.  Don felt good; he got up early, drove me to my appointment, and then slept for a large part of the afternoon.  I should have, but I was wide awake… I’m planning an early night and hopefully lots of sleep!

Isn’t it an awesome feeling to get lost in a book?  I took a (print) book with me to read while I waited and I’m glad that I did.  Although there were several interruptions, I was happily lost for several minutes while everything else went on around me.  One interruption was this couple who came in to register, and I heard the nurse explaining that they needed to wear masks.  He blustered and argued about “losing his freedom” and the other rubbish you’ve heard; she apologized and said that it’s been a while so she just forgot.  I have to commend the nurse and receptionist, who stayed calm, professional and polite, and insisted that the woman, at least, wore a mask for her appointment, while the man was shown the door, and I just kept my eyes fixed on the page!

For the record, my Christmas decorations have been taken down and packed away, so the living room looks a bit naked.  I’ll get used to it, I’m sure.  Maybe I can look around for another plant for Don to tend?  (Note I don’t say me; I’ve been known to kill plastic plants.)  I almost killed a cactus and an aloe plant because I over watered them, and apparently under-watered some herbs, which didn’t survive.  I’m keeping a close watch on my lucky bamboo, which only needs to have its water topped up once every couple of weeks.  It doesn’t look like it’s thriving, since it’s got no leaves and the roots look like they’ve disconnected and will just be washed away when I change the water!  We’ll see.  Don hasn’t done anything with them, on the grounds that it’s past time that I learned how to care for houseplants!  

It’s early, but I’m starting to feel sleepy and I have a small dog butting me to throw his toy.  I’ll wrap up and head in, and probably spend an hour or more petting the dog!  Good night!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!