Pentecost

Another photo from Tobago, this time, that I received and which I’m sharing.  It’s just such a glorious golden sunset and I transport myself there in my mind to listen to the sounds of the sea, music and people.  Today is certainly hot enough for Trinidad, it’s hot (30C) sunny and somewhat humid.  I’m officially resting today as yesterday, fun as it was, also had me feeling tired.  Jerry is quieter today since he’s had  company all day, and has even supervised my visits to the bathroom, complete with his dog toy… I try for privacy, but it’s not guaranteed!  Don was feeling off last night, with an upset tummy.  He didn’t sleep too well, so he has been sleeping this afternoon… sorry, he’s been “watching” sports.  The snores are louder than the TV though, although every time I changed to something else, a hand would come up and the channel would be changed back!  So I’ve lost myself in a good book for a while.  

Since I rested today, my arm has been behaving a bit better.  I can still feel twinges if I move suddenly, and I’m smelling of muscle rub — I drenched my arm in it — but that seems to help.  My appetite is also behaving a bit better, and I was able to have a toddler-sized meal today.  I’m craving ice cream, which is definitely allowed on my current diet, but I don’t have any.  I’m also craving juice, something vaguely acid and fizzy (like a good lemonade) so more stuff to add to the shopping list.  That will get sorted this week, worry not.  I think that my arm and appetite realized that we’re scheduled to see the doctor this week, so they’ll behave until after the visit, like when you take the car in to the mechanic and it stops the strange rattle…

It’s Pentecost today, the end of the Easter celebration.  This feast celebrates the descent of the Holy Spirit and one of the things that I like about it is that the apostles go from cowering in fear to preaching in the public space.  It’s something that is inspiring, when you consider the situation.  I do wonder, though, how many of us would be willing to do that?  How many of us would prefer to remain hiding in fear as opposed to speaking out?  I’d like to think that I’d be out telling everyone good news, but in reality, I’d probably get fed up and leave them after a while… I know that I’ve dropped out of various groups when I got frustrated at either finding that I was expected to do things that were supposed to be shared across several others or that I had to run after people to carry out their obligations.  I used to be involved in a number of activities but over time I left because I felt overworked and under appreciated.  Today though, is a reminder that there are times to get back in harness and go back out to work.  At present, I’m using my talents to support the Canadian Cancer Society as it allows me to work from home at my own pace instead of being out in the community.  I feel a little conflicted, as there are so many others who do so much and are much more involved than I am.  I know, I do what I can, but I would like to be able to do more.

OK, it’s feeding time then on to my nighttime routine.  Good night!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!