Week 1

Here’s Auntie Ming and I on the same trip as yesterday’s photo.  It’s so funny how I manage to look gigantic next to them.  The good thing is that I can look back and smile even as I miss them.  My hair was often a point of contention with my mother, as it just refused to lie flat and would pouf out unless it was taken to the hairdresser and flat ironed into submission, especially after I stopped chemically relaxing it.  Funny how the things that occupied so much of our thoughts fade into irrelevance over time, isn’t it?  Jerry is under my legs right now, sulking because I said that I was typing and my lap was full.  He doesn’t approve of that!  I had intended to take him out today, but I was falling asleep on myself most of the afternoon; I had a few appointments/calls this morning to deal with so my intentions were good, but my body “mash brakes” and decided that I wouldn’t go anywhere today.  Don managed to sell his tyres last night, after an initial flop, so he was recovering while he waited for our meds to be delivered.  He’s feeling better — it’s a narrow window where the weather is comfortable, low humidity, few allergens before his COPD and asthma kick in.  I’m going to need a conversation about oxygen for me during the summer, as I notice that as it heats up, my breathing becomes more laboured.  We’ll see how things go.

I had mentioned, I think, the ultrasonic cleaner that I bought for my jewellery; well, I returned it today.  After 3 attempts, my silver didn’t look any more shiny nor did the gold take on much of a sheen.  I got a brighter finish using the “home remedy” of baking soda, aluminum, salt and hot water (silver) and warm water and dishwasher soap (gold) both polished with a soft cloth.  So, no bueno.

I have a minor grouse to share, please… You know how online, in the comments section, there’s often a section for answered questions.  If you don’t own the product, never used it, or don’t know the answer, please just scroll past!  You add ZERO value by saying, “I don’t own this, I don’t know.”  Save your replies for when you’ve actually got something to say.  On a related grouse, why would you go to a doctor, get a prescription, fill the prescription, and then read Dr. Google and decide not to take it?  You’ve wasted the time of at least 3 people (plus yourself) and your money.  As you know, I love my medical team (📣 🎉) and if they recommend a medication which is then checked by my awesome pharmacist, then I’ll take it because I have this crazy plan to get better.  If it doesn’t work, I’ll have a conversation with the team and we go from there; but if you decide not to do that, then please don’t complain to me that your meds aren’t working.  (That means you, P! 😉)  Final grouse du jour — it’s your choice where you get news and information about the world outside your front door.  I happen to choose newspapers, magazines, TV news and some more reputable websites.  But when you tell me (and I’m quoting, so the errors aren’t mine!!):

I haven’t open a newspaper in years … and I try to avoid the news … but when I watch US politics … OMG … soon they will be replacing their vehicles with horses and wagons. Soon women won’t be able to vote anymore. Like what’s going on! i have a friend who lives in New Jerseys and works in Manhattan. He wanted to carry his gun to work! At the time, you couldn’t carry a firearm in Manhattan.

I’m going to question your information, or else limit my conversation to the weather and gardening.  I’ll also ask that you not share with me the latest conspiracy theory.  It’s usually easy to tell them apart from actual news as they’re generally filled with outrageous claims, are designed to generate anger, and contain ad hominem attacks.  

So those are my requests for the day.  I hope they’re not unreasonable, and if you feel the urge to send me articles or videos (there’s about a 20% chance I’ll watch them, just because…) and they’re supposed to show me the SECRETS that Big Pharma DOESN’T want you to know, I’ll just delete them.  But my usual list: jokes, puppies, children (whose families I know), flowers, book recommendations, etc., is always welcome.  I’ll end with a video of the kids of someone I know entertaining at a conference (I don’t get paid for this! 😆). I present  The Vighkings  Good night!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!