Still wet

This is the northeast coast of Trinidad this time, looking down a road towards a cliff.  The colours really appealed to me, so I’m sharing.  Another rainy, wet, cloudy and cool day, although the wind died down.  Jerry is in one of his moods where I’m not allowed to be alone for any reason longer than it takes me to sit in my chair.  I’ve noticed that I have a painful hip which gets worse with the rain.  Is that arthritis, old age or just a contrarian hip?  Don’s been saving his energy for tonight, when his team plays again, and I’ve been warned that I’m banned (but I was in the room when they won last time!)

I’m still working on my crochet project, although I’m absolutely certain that I don’t have enough yarn to complete it and it’s a colour that’s been discontinued, because it would be too easy if I could just buy more, right?  😤  I’m now hunting through my stash to find coordinating yarn, and I’m debating whether I should scrap what I’ve done so far, start over with another colour and then I will miss the deadline for it… I’m considering calling the manufacturer and saying they lied, since it says on the label, “one ball makes a full (baby) blanket or full scarf” and I’m approaching the end of the second ball… 

I got a call today from the dietitian, who will be paying me a visit tomorrow so we can once again discuss smoothies, kale and eating bland food.🤢  She will be accompanied by an occupational therapist, who will tell me that I need to get out more and meet people, and will suggest that I start yoga and perhaps begin journaling to “keep in touch with my feelings.”  I’m a wee bit cynical about their services, but maybe there will be something new?  I also got a call saying that I need to report for an ECG this week, as they want to monitor my heart after being on one of my meds for a while… the nurse was a sweetheart; I’d met her a couple of years ago, and she was super kind.  She remembered how I like my tea, and she came to visit me in hospital with a piping hot cup!   Amazing, isn’t it, how something so small can stand out?  (Assumes teacher stance and voice) The world is small, so don’t miss any chances to be nice to others!  

Senior moment that I need to share… although a wiser woman than I would deny it ever happened!  So two things.  Yesterday, I was sorting out details with my insurance, and I pulled my wallet, with the card, out of my purse and had it with me at my chair.  This morning, I was looking for the TV remote down the side of my chair and found… my wallet.  I hadn’t realized that it was not back in my purse, and I shudder to think that I might have gone out without it!  It’s safely back in the my purse, and the remote was not in the purse.  Then I went to get a cup of tea — but I opened the freezer to put it in!  I’m thinking that I’ll soon have to label my stuff so I don’t misplace things!  

That’s all for tonight;  Jerry is not a fan of my crocheting, since it takes up my lap and his paws get tangled in the yarn, so I need to persuade him to go lie on Don so I can work.  He’s now on my feet, giving a small growl every so often to remind me that he’s waiting (im)patiently for his lap bed!  Good night!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!