ab hinc

I admit that I'm unaccustomed to going anywhere for 7:30. I went to bed shortly after 7 last night, tossed and turned for almost an hour, and then fell asleep until 9:30 pm, and slept off and on until my alarm went off at 5:45am. Made it in to the hospital on time, but there was a glitch. The area being treated showed an unusual change. So we paused the session while the techs contacted the doctor to review.. He agreed then the treatment could proceed. So at least that's done. I'm very sleepy now- radiation fatigue is distressingly real! My next treatment is Tuesday since Thanksgiving is this weekend.

My role as dog bed is apparently secure. As soon as I get in the car after treatment. Jerry has settled in and arranges himself on my legs. When we get home, he parks himself on me. I can go nowhere on my own-I seem to need a tiny guardian! Falling asleep on my chair just means then he's comfy and I'm not moving.

Another early night tonight, because I'm utterly exhausted again. The treatment sucks all my energy. I hope that I'll be able to get enough sleep to have energy tomorrow! Sadly, radiation fatigue is all too real, and it gets worse as treatment progresses and for a few weeks after it ends. There's so much that needs care while this goes on. I've had this therapy 6 times in the past 7 years. It's easier in some ways, but in others, it takes a lot out of you. The side effects are thankfully mostly mild, but there are a few that have greater impacts than you'd expect. This is where self-care becomes a priority-I need to rest, to ensure that I don't push myself too hard, and I need to eat regularly. (Yes, I know.) I decided to treat myself to some pastries today, which should last until Tuesday! I'll also think of ways to celebrate.

That's it for tonight. Good night all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!