ad multos annos

I slept like a log again, and was dragged out of bed by the doorbell, and the arrival of the building manager and some workmen who were to do some repairs on the balcony. They didn't stay long. but the tiny alarm didn't approve of having his space invaded. He went off again a bit later when my PSW arrived to help me. Jerry then climbed on my lap, huffed in annoyance, and curled up to nap in protest of all the disturbances. I'm happy to report that my appetite is improving, and I had a plate of rice and my Thai chicken and bok choi chili-garlic-basil dish. I'll sort out something for supper soon; but it's nice to be hungry again! I've got several other items in the freezer for meals over a few days, so that's fabulous.  Small aside that my radiation therapy starts tomorrow, so that will occupy my time and thoughts for the next few weeks  

Today is a big day; it's my goddaughter Kristin's birthday. It's hard for me to realize how much time has passed since her arrival. She has done so many amazing things in her life, and I'm immensely proud of her and her accomplishments. I've watched her grow from a tiny baby to a beautiful, accomplished and loving woman. My memory is full of our times together, jokes we shared, and all of our many activities. We had a number of activities over the years, like our "silly photos album" (I've promised to never share that or I'd include a picture or two!) I'm still awed, amazed and elated that she makes time for me when I'm at home, and that she's happy to spoil me sometimes. It makes me feel so special that she does this. She's such a lovely, bubbly, kind and gentle soul-I feel so honoured to be a part of her life!

I'd met Kristin's mom, Anne-Marie, over 35 years ago, when we were both attending Liturgy School. I was learning sign language, and practising signing. Anne was one of a small group of hearing- impaired participants. We started talking (and signing) and became friends. Over time, I met Anne's family, and became friends with all of them. The years have just flown past! I was the sign-language interpreter at her wedding to Larry some years later. I'm happy to have shared so much over the years. It was very tragic when Anne died, far too early. She would be so proud of Kristin. In some ways, Kristin is very much like her mother, especially in her personality.. In others, she is ver much her own person-as it should be!

I'll just add that my 2 godsons, Anne's boys, are also central to my life and happiness. The three of them have always been lights in my life, and I've had so many wonderful times with them. The hardest choice I'd made was to move to Canada all those years ago, because I would be too far from them. But thanks to technology, it was a little easier than we feared (although video chatting is much easier now) But today is Kristin's day, so I'm focussed on her a bit more. I'll brag about my boys another time!

I wish Kristin a wonderful birthday, and even more happy years ahead. I hope that she will continue to spread sunshine, happiness and joy by her presence. I also wish her all success in her chosen field as a make-up artist, even as the pandemic has made life and work very challenging! To my baby girl, all the love possible, good health, happiness, success and much joy. Love you loads! Xoxoxo 🥰😘😍


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!