locus minoris resistentiae

This will be a short update today. I had my first "fraction" of my 6th session of radiation this afternoon. On the good side. I met an old colleague in the waiting area, also having treatment. We didn't have long to chat, but I'm looking forward to being able to catch up with her.  The session was over an hour long, which is much longer than we had anticipated, unfortunately. The sessions were supposed to be about 20 minutes long, but I needed to be positioned and aligned on the table and (because it's me) it was a complicated process, involving 2 sets of teams to position me and align the equipment. I was in an awkward position- apparently the nighttime twists were practise for this session! After they got me lined up with the lasers, they were trying to adjust the machine so that it could move freely around me. I had to take a break, because I was in pain. They made some changes while I stood, then we rearranged me for the treatment. I was in tremendous pain by the time we finished. I' finally got home and I'm going to have something to eat and go off to bed. Tomorrow's treatment isin the morning, and Friday's is even earlier.

Jerry sat on me and snuggled all the way home. While they waited for me, he chased several squirrels, getting annoyed when they scampered up trees. Once I got home, he jumped into my lap and curled up while I spoke to Auntie Ming. It's so adorable to watch him settle in, even when I need space!

I hope that tomorrow's session will be less painful. The staff are, as usual, lovely to deal with and it's great to have them caring for me. That's it for today. Good night!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!