Habent sua fata libelli


It was somewhat quieter today than recently . However, the noise has left me with a feeling of unease, where I'm on tenterhooks worried about its return. I was more stressed today than I was yesterday. I actually had thoughts of self harm, because of disrupted sleep. It is not something that happens often, but -like moments of depression- I don't control when they appear, just my response to them. I'm being honest, that those thoughts did enter my mind for a few seconds. I was able to deflect them, but it did take a moment. As though he sensed my discomfort, Jerry was on my lap as much as he could. Nothing like being a dog bed to make you feel comforted. Don has been resting today, dealing with his arm pain. I hope he'll recover soon. I'd prefer if he went to see a doctor, but... stubborn!

I watched the Netflix movie, "Don't look up" today. We'd started it when I was at my sister's but were distracted by toddlers... So I decided to watch it without toddlers, but some distractions from a dog! It's classed as a comedy, but it sadly seemed more of a documentary. Watching how politicians self-serve at the expense of the public, and the social media attacks against individuals... the level of realism was just too high. I was struck by the very obvious parallel between the politics in the movie and politics in reality. I found similar comparisons with the movie "The Circle" and the book, "The Warehouse." These highlighted the potential dangers of social media and where it seems that we're headed. I don't often seek out dystopian literature or movies, as I like a certain level of escapism. Those books and movies that allow me to ride into magical worlds and undertake epic good vs. evil battles... Those I enjoy the most. I will admit, though, that I'm presently indulging in the second compilation of the Bridgeton novels, which is escapism at its loopiest! The plots are identical, unfortunately, but they're light enough to occupy an hour or so. I won't promise to switch to "serious" books; some of them aren't worthy of the paper they're printed on. I will, though, keep seeking out books that I can enjoy.

Once again, I'm heading in early. The City has (finally) declared a state of Emergency and it's quieter tonight. I hope it continues! Good night.

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!