Sola gratia

The "red zone" has shrunk again, and my street marks the southern boundary. I'm pleased to see the progress! We're having freezing rain now, which started this afternoon. The ice is starting to accumulate on the window panes. Jerry is busy managing both of us, and has been complaining that he's expected to eat dry dog food He brought his empty bowl over and dropped it at my feet! Don is under heavy guard now, because he slipped out to toss the garbage and there was an annoyed puppy! I don't know why, but I'm absolutely freezing. even though I'm wrapped up in my hoodie-blanket, looking like "OfDon" (He's having fun with that.)

There is a lot of discussion about prices at the supermarket. There's an impact from the slowdowns at the borders, where food was delayed severely. Plus reduced crops because of poor weather last summer and autumn. And higher transport prices because of increased oil costs. I feel the pinch of that, and I'm afraid that it will get worse. I will be researching ideas for managing costs. Part of me says that I know lots of tips, but I'd like to be sure that I don't overlook anything vital.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.  I already maximize the use of my freezer and pantry; I portion out meat; I precook and freeze meals and I cook rather than order as much as possible. If I'm missing any ideas, I'd like to know. My freezer is usually full, and I prefer being able to eat quickly. Honestly, though, these days I feel like neither eating nor cooking, so it remains a challenge!

Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!