per ardua

You know, it's quite annoying to me that I'll have several days of feeling healthy and then suddenly things change and I feel dreadful. This week is one of those. I'd been mostly ok but then my tummy started to act up and that made life more challenging. I still don't have much of an appetite, and not much energy. I'm delighted that it's quiet again, but I'd like some more energy to be able to do things. I'm beyond frustrated with so many things. Even with an affectionate little lap warmer, it's annoying. I don't know what to do to make things better and get my appetite and energy improved.

I had a long chat with my niece, and we talked about my time in a church youth group when I was her age. I told her about our activities, things like overnight retreats where we went off for a weekend and a large part was for religious activities. But we also had normal teenage activities, like going to the movies. My niece said that she'd never done anything like that. In my school days we had weekend retreats to the beach, but for my niece, that never happened. It's just another example of the effect of the pandemic. I said that we'll have to try to remedy the gaps -finding ways to have fun with other teens. I'm really sorry that she's missing so much. We also had a trip down memory lane as I told her about going to the drive-in. She's decided that they'll need to do a family outdoor movie night. That should be fun. Meanwhile, I'm falling asleep on myself, so good night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!