per quod

 

Today was much as usual, with pain in my upper back that just sits there.  Still not a great appetite but I’m trying.  I had a few bites of baked macaroni and cheese and a piece of chicken for lunch, so that was good.  Jerry has been stuck to me for most of the day, and has been cuddling as much as he can… Don was joking that Jerry was sending me a subpoena for having locked him out of the bedroom in the middle of the night.  Don’t be surprised if I appear on Judge Judy or People’s Court charged with unlawful eviction of a tiny black dog, or if Don appears against me in support of the tiny dictator!  (He can’t be trusted to take my side against Jerry!

I continue to work with my niece in preparation for her confirmation.  She’s got a LOT of questions, which is great, although she sometimes has more than I can cope with at once.  We’ve been doing pretty well with working through the questionnaires that are provided for home discussion, and I have been trying not to push my viewpoint too strongly.  I realized today that I don’t need to do that, because she’s got her own views and ideas.  Sometimes she seeks validation of her thoughts, and I really don’t have much to do!  Plus I got a wonderful boost today from the son of one of my friends who told me that I have been a positive influence on him.  That was wonderfully touching to learn, and also lovely to hear.  I hope that I will be a good influence to the others.  It’s definitely nerve wracking, though.

Annoyingly, tiredness controls a lot of me.  I run out of energy quickly and often fall asleep on myself in my chair.  Let’s hope that the snow squalls from today don’t carry forward too much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!