mens et manus

It was a mostly snowy afternoon today.  My lay minister was here this morning, and I felt tired after, so I decided to take a nap; I found that the buildings across the street vanished!  It was funny, but then I realized that it was also getting a little cool, hence nap!  Apparently chilly, foggy, snowy afternoons are good for naps.  It was a family activity since we all managed to doze off for a couple of hours this afternoon!  Jerry is now at my feet, nibbling at the remains of one of his toys — he shredded it and pulled out all the stuffing a while ago! But for some reason he likes it and is dragging the fabric around with him.  He carries it with him and shakes it vigorously… Don and I laugh at him with it, but it makes no difference.  Silly puppy!

I’m watching reruns of Judge Judy and a couple of other judge shows.  It’s entertaining for me to see how she unravels the cases and determines the outcome.  We both watch it, and sometimes, like Old Father William and his wife we argue the points together.  (Incidentally, that’s such a lovely nonsense poem and I will randomly recite it.). Most of the time, we agree with her, but there are times when we disagree with her, and more rarely, with each other!  I’ve realized that sometimes we’re a settled pair, who have certain ways that are locked in place.  It’s funny, but sometimes silly.

The poems, though, are so much fun.  Apart from Father William, which I remember from when I was really very young and it was on an LP that we played repeatedly as children, there’s The Walrus and the Carpenter and Twinkle, twinkle little bat among others.  You probably know the book I mean, and I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.  Books are my safe and happy place, and I have so many happy memories of it!  I’m going to go dive in to another like it tonight!

I hope that you have a good evening and a relaxing night.  Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!