non mihi solum

 

I’d like to pretend that I didn’t hear the report from my doctor this week.  It is stressful and is causing me to be anxious.  The anxiety increased quickly with the other things happening around me.  It’s astounding how my anxiety can increase with blowing horns and revving engines.  I’m trying to learn how to restore balance in my mind.  It’s odd, but even as it is now, where it’s calm, I feel anxiety when I hear horns, or there’s raised voices.  What’s worse for me is that even if I’m reading about a stressful situation, I feel stress mounting.  This is a new thing for me, as I normally am not stressed by reading things, but suddenly I can’t relax easily.  It depresses me to have this happen, and more so to have it happen when I’m reading, which is my calming activity!  Fortunately Jerry is a source of joy, so I can usually relax a little.  He makes me laugh easily… like today when he was chasing pigeons off the balcony.  Then he came inside looking so proud of himself and pawed at me to get on my lap to be petted.  Silly boy.  Don is suddenly full of energy and did a large pot of mashed potatoes and a cottage roll, which made dinner for a few days.   The great thing was that tonight I was hungry and I had a decent serving of potatoes, cottage roll and corn.  That was fabulous.

Even more was the delight of having a long conversation with my niece about the church and homosexuality.  I was a little nervous that I would be telling her things that oppose the official teachings and she’d be challenging the teachers.  I didn’t need to worry.  She has already absorbed our beliefs and has a list of questions all ready to ask!  She’s also not prepared to just take at face value anything that’s presented to her.  If it doesn’t make sense, she will ask questions, do research and ask her godmother 🥰 who is happy to answer them to the best of her ability.  Godmother is extremely proud of this, and is happy to be a good influence.  

That’s all for tonight. I’m off to bed and will rest.  My intention is to talk to the other people in this caravan that we seem to have joined.  Good night! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!