nil sine labore

Sorry I missed yesterday.  I had a crack-o’-dawn appointment this morning and opted to sleep as much as I could.  I did get anointed with ashes, as my lay minister visited and I was able to get ashes.  Apparently March 1 is the beginning of meteorological spring, and for Ottawa it was COLD 🥶 and snowy.  Here’s what it looked like on the 1st… this week is going to be odd.  It’s forecast to be 12C on Sunday but -15 on Monday.  Winter is holding on!  The bridging season always has temperatures that bounce from mild to frigid and back without any warning.  Some of the temperatures are a little scary — like this morning, which was -20C, a deep winter temperature, and a strong wind.  I’d like to make believe that the conditions were milder and more comfortable so that the little dog would enjoy the outdoors instead of complaining that it’s brutally cold.  I’m able to enjoy the sun when it’s brisk (around -10) and sunny.  I’m focussed on enjoying the milder weather when it arrives, and I’m looking forward to that.  

The appointment was mixed.  My doctor is pleased with my general progress and the management of my pain.  However, I’ve got to have radiation and chemotherapy in the next few months.  (I’m not telling my dad or my aunt about that part because it will increase their anxiety to a level that I can’t manage.). I’m going to have a few days of stress as I deal with this again, so please excuse me while I cope with that.  

I’m off to bed; I’m really tired for a number of things.  It will slowly improve, but it needs care.  Good night 😴 

Comments

  1. May the Lord give you extraordinary strength and confidence and peace!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!