Midweek

My sister strikes again.  She said that she couldn’t possibly be expected to suffer alone, and I argued that not only could she, but she should  since she went out to find this… abomination 😳  I thought I’d share it with you as a form of stress relief from the insanity that I imagine many of you are experiencing as you prepare for the weekend and its festivities.  Jerry is guarding my feet at the moment, as we wait for my support worker to come.  He’s giving small growls every time he hears a door or the wind or any movement in the hallway.  He was on my lap, but changed position after I got a call.  Silly puppy.  Don is OK, relaxing a bit and waiting for his sports  which start as usual at an odd time!  Insert nightly complaint about the cold, chill, ice and general ugh weather.  More whining on the news about no white Christmas here, but the storm damage down East I think more than makes up for it.  I reiterate that I’d prefer snow Christmas Eve, melting on New Year’s Day and crocuses showing up in February.  I should probably live in Camelot, where “winter is forbidden ‘till December, and exits March the 2nd on the dot.” 

Another decent night’s sleep, thankfully, and I had another good meal for lunch, so that’s also good.  My regular support worker tested positive for covid this morning — I haven’t seen her for a few days, so we’re hopeful that things are ok — so I’m waiting for her replacement.  I’ve had, reluctantly, to agree to a man, who so far is not demonstrating the “politeness of princes.”  He was due 2 hours ago…  I see that I’ll have a succession of temporary people until the end of the month while she’s in quarantine.  I may also need to be isolated myself, but we’ll wait to see.  Tomorrow I have a double appointment — 2 doctors, an hour apart, at opposite ends of the city.  Fun.  My friend P is taking me to the first, and I’m trying to sort out the other.  The after effect of my hydration is that my feet have decided to swell, so that makes it uncomfortable to wear shoes until they return to normal.  Today is a little better as I didn’t have a bag of fluid, but it will still take some time.  They do reduce at night, but swell during the day and feel like overstuffed sausages.  My blood pressure ticked up a point, which is encouraging, another thing to keep an eye on as we go through this.

My plans for cooking tonight are on pause.  I had intended to make sweetbread with my worker, but that’s a couple of hours and the other worker won’t be here long enough.  I also had planned a couple other items, but they’ll wait and have to be spread out.  I was talking with one of my friends last night, and were commiserating with each other that we’re no longer in the same city… we both like cooking, dim sum and sharing meals, but she’s now 6,000 km from me, making it impossible.  Evil  woman decided to tempt me with some recent meals that she’d enjoyed.  Oh well…  we hope to get together early next year and make up for several years’ separation.

If anyone is inclined to share Christmas cookies / other yummies, I’m open to receiving 😉  Just one of the blatant requests that I make.  I also apologize profusely that my cards are extremely late this year; I hope that you forgive me, given all the stress that I’ve been dealing with for the past few months.  I’ll do my best to address this when I can.  That’s about it for now, so Good Night! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!