Uptick

It was warmer today than usual, which was nice to know.  It was 8C and somewhat overcast.  Nice change from the cold and general misery of the past few days.  Jerry spent as much time on my lap as he could where we both dozed on my chair.  He was quite happy curled in a ball giving little snores while I tried, unsuccessfully, to stay awake and pretend to read or watch TV or pretty much anything.  I gave up and just frankly napped.  Don didn’t even bother stirring until it was almost time for the nurse.  Yesterday was definitely draining for everyone.  He then spent most of the afternoon fast asleep sawing logs with the little dog curled against him or otherwise settled in to touch him and rest.  He was up watching some movie this afternoon, while I vainly tried to follow it, but I missed large portions of the show.  All in all, a lazy day in the household, so nothing useful got done.  Success!  πŸ˜† 

My nurse was here early this morning to hook up my IV tubing.  We’re trying to work out the  best adjustment of the tubing to get the pacing right.  Too fast, and my feel swell like water balloons, my breathing gets challenging, and I’m practically squelching when I move.  Too slow, and it takes forever and I can’t move around easily with an 8’ pole.  The last couple of days, the dose just blasted through and ended over an hour earlier than planned.  My feet and ankles were swollen… so today we changed the height, and it’s running about 2 hours late which isn’t ideal.  Because of the steroids, also, my blood sugar is scarily high.  I’ve called the endocrinologist about adjusting the dose, and I’m waiting for a reply.  Between yesterday’s treatment and the sugar levels, I feel groggy, and I just want to sleep… soon.

As you can see, my stove has arrived!  It’s very cute, and seems small in comparison with the old one.  I’m so happy, and we’ll be unwrapping the plastic cover later and then testing it out.  I think that the first meal will be an omelette, just because.  I hope that I’ll have the energy to make bread before Christmas.  It’s hilarious — the delivery guy was Jamaican, and as happens, was super excited to meet another Caribbean person, even one hooked up to an IV pole.  He said that he’s bringing over some jerk chicken, I’ll make pelau, and we’ll have a good lime.  Isn’t that just how it is?  πŸ˜‚ What a fun little boost in the middle of the day.

I’m just waiting for my support worker to come and then BED!!  My drip is almost done, and should finish about the time she gets here.  I’m not sure that I’ll eat much tonight except maybe some tea; I really just want to sleep a bit.  Jerry is warming my toes, which is nice, and I’m struggling to keep my eyes open.  I’ll leave you here for now.  Good night!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!