Chemo again…

It was a lovely, fairly mild day, and there’s grass showing again, after months of brown and grey.  Flowers aren’t yet up, nor are the trees budding, but it’s coming soon.  Feels like it will be warm in no time, but there’s a cold front coming in, so the warm will just have to wait a while it seems.  It’s ok, although I’m nervous that the summer will be brutal.  I just have visions of low crop yields because of the erratic weather, dryness and cold in the growing regions and not enough snow, all of which point to higher food costs this summer.  I also don’t want to hear the idiots blaming the prime minister for this as it’s entirely due to the weather.  Jerry has been patting me on the tummy and snuggling up to me all day.  He’s being very attentive, which is so sweet.  Don is feeling a bit more like himself, and had a lovely sports marathon today while I had a nap.  He and Jerry took advantage of the weather and were outdoors enjoying the warmth.  It was up to 13C which is very warm for this time of the year.

As you can see, I was back in chemo today — sooner than I’d hoped when we did the last round.  I had hoped for a respite of 6 months or so before returning, but it seems that there were other plans.  I had no reaction to the treatment, although I could taste it as it infused.  🤢. For the record, I can also taste saline which is used to flush my IV and it’s vile.  After I got home, though, I was throwing up several times.  I did take my anti-nausea meds, but they were slow to act.  I had a small meal, then I went to lie down.  I slept for a few hours and felt much better.  Happily, I was able to eat some dinner and I may make some tea — not entirely sure.  Fairly early bed is also indicated to regain some energy.

I’m pleased to report that my blood work is reasonably good, with a couple areas of concern.  Things like my haemoglobin levels have improved a bit, so that’s encouraging.  My vitals are all within normal range, and it’s just my weight that annoys me, although it’s been (thankfully) fairly stable.  All these are decent indicators, and the nurses are pleased.  Here’s hoping that these translate into our desired results.

I know I promised to show my nephew’s artwork, but it’s coming.  Today was a deviation from my plans, so everything gets to move one place to the left 😊  I’m off now, so Good night!






Comments

  1. Hi studz sorry u had to do another bout of chemo so soon. Glad u have yr appetite n yr bloodwk is gd. Hope u sleep well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!