Happy

It’s been sunny and mild today, although yesterday was blustery, wet, cold and snowy.  I was none of those, as I was happy and cozy.  Today is beautiful, although it’s cool — early springlike weather in full force.  I’d be pleased if it stayed fairly mild for this week, especially early tomorrow morning, as I have an appointment at the crack of dawn, which is even earlier since the clocks changed yesterday.  It’s still light out, although it is getting late according to the clock.  Jerry has finally settled down and is sitting on my feet.  His PSW was here today, and he was very excited, but she petted him for a few minutes and he calmed down a bit.  He was bouncing around like a jackrabbit on a pogo stick and leaping on the sofa until she played with him.  Don is dozing off and on; he’s lying on the sofa and relaxing a bit.  There were several games yesterday that he recorded, so at one point I wasn’t sure if he was watching a live broadcast or a recording.  He’s temporarily caught up, so the next one will probably be live.

I slept well again, although that loss of an hour affects me. I was awake for most of Saturday night, for no discernible reason, and I forced myself to stay awake all day yesterday so I’d be tired when I went to bed.  It seemed to work, as I dropped off fairly easily (while I was reading, actually) and slept through the night.  I woke up this morning with a pain in my back, which I attribute to the fact that I managed to twist myself into a pretzel and that probably hurt a muscle.  My worker gave me a good rubdown with a muscle rub, and it is helping.  I also napped for a couple of hours this afternoon as I was drooping… again, good idea.

My sister is here!!! 😁 🥰  She had to come for work, and had messaged Don to say that she would surprise me… then she broke down and told me last week.  I’m very happy to have her; we had dinner together last night, and I’m just waiting for her to come over soon.  It’s so nice!  My niece and nephew sent me some artwork, including a card that they made for me.  My “brother” also sent me some home cooked food to get me to “eat and fatten up” — it’s lovely, Trini food, that’s freshly prepared, and I had some for lunch today.  It was SOOOOOOOOO good!  Individual-sized macaroni pie, stewed chicken with pigeon peas and cassava… my tummy is happy.  And the rest of me is too since I get some family time.

OK, she’ll be here soon, so I’m off to put on some dim sum to go with tonight’s dinner.  I’ll update later!  Good night 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!