Easter Sunday

What a beautiful day for Easter Sunday.  It was sunny, mild, and really lovely.  The sky is a lovely blue, with a few puffy white clouds and in another place, would be perfect to be on the beach with a cold drink in hand, and a fried bake and kingfish for stuffing into your mouth!  Can you tell where my thoughts are today?  Jerry is in affectionate mode today, and has been guarding me all day.  He just jumps on my lap and settles in comfortably, ignoring any and all attempts to displace him, attract his attention or to tease him.  His concentration is amazing when he wants to ignore people.  Don is doing well, he was watching his sports earlier, and is now catching up on the news.  He’s been moving stiffly, but isn’t in more pain than usual, thankfully.  He’s right now the recipient of puppy affection, with the little dog curled on his lap and being petted like a small teddy bear and Jerry is lying on his back, long legs stretched up and he’s settled in for what looks like a prolonged rest!

Happy to report that I had a good night’s sleep, and that I had enough energy to cook today — just me, no assistance from the support worker (who did arrive a couple of hours early) so that’s a good sign.  I decided to make some sweet and sour pork and noodles… the pork was tiring, as I had to cut it up, batter it and fry before adding the sauce for cooking.  Frying stuff, although delicious, is exhausting to me since standing for long periods is draining.  

I hope that everyone had a good Easter, whether you celebrate it in church or with family or friends.  I’m gradually coming to accept that holidays don’t require that everyone must do the same thing and are often more important as time with family than adhering to specific obligations.  Easter is a religious celebration primarily for me, but it’s also time to reach out to family and friends and reconnect.  However you celebrate, I hope that all is good with you and yours.  Going to eat now, so Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!