Gaudium in veritate

 I had an early doctor's appointment today, so my insomnia worked in my favour. I was awake for 5:30, so had loads of time to wake up and eat breakfast before leaving for the hospital. It was a lovely, wet day, where I got sprinkled going into the hospital screening area.  I like it when it’s that gentle soaking rain like we had this morning.  It just encourages curling up under a blanket and being cozy.  

How do you like the tiny photo bomber?  He decided that losing his lap privileges was worth being in the frame of every photo I took this morning… this was the picture that best captured his wicked plot of taking command of everything!

My doctor is pleased with my general progress. He had last seen me about 3 weeks ago, and today I was able to walk in without needing a wheelchair, and I could sit up for my appointment. Both of these are advancements over the last one, where I had to lie down because of my back pain. We agreed that I'm probably likely to feel frustrated at my rate of progress because I am seeing it unfold so gradually, but for my medical team, they see advancement in slices, so it's more dramatic. 
I will be looking for a manage therapist to help with strengthening and healing my shoulder. Plus, in other good news, I'm reducing several of my medications as I'd be transitioning off the steroids and changing one of my pain meds. Next up is tackling my sleep for me; we're trying a sleeping pill first, and there are some backups if needed. I can be rude and say that I just need to watch some baseball or football and I should sleep like a hibernating bear... but some people may take offence... There are the same people who "watch" the game with their eyes closed.  #jussayin!
Speaking of taking offence... I read an article lately that bemoaned the rise of liberal thinkers at colleges and universities in north America. According to the writer, more than 70% of lecturers identify as being left-leaning. This was taken as proof that right-wing, conservative thought was being suppressed. They went on to deplore the rise of progressivism and the increase in acceptance of diversity and inclusiveness as proof of the dissolution of Western civilization.
I wonder if they have considered that the reason for the use of "liberal" thought is that much of the "rad trad" thinking is not in accord with the zeitgeist? The ideas, for example, of rigid gender roles. Those are no longer set in stone where women stay home or do all the kitchen-work. Getting angry and bent out of shape over phony “wars” — like the non-existent “war on Christmas” (which really doesn’t exist) or claiming that discrimination against Christians is allowable (it isn’t, nor are the claims valid) or screaming that you’re “not allowed to express an opinion” when you’re acting like a baby… so it’s really unsurprising that most people do not think like you do.  If you examine the thoughts and beliefs that are considered “leftist” or “progressive” you might find that they are inclined to be open to concepts of openness, tolerance and acceptance.    Strange, I find, that those ideas that were finding a home during and after World War II; went to a place where we worked on promoting tolerance, acceptance and charity.  We  rejected the idea of one group being superior to others; we pushed back against conforming to a single characteristic.  We worked to accept differences and to encourage the acceptance and not this nonsense.  So what on earth happened now?  Why are we (or some of us, anyway) working to isolate whole  groups?  And why are we letting them do this to us?  It’s so wrong!!   There are actual problems, and situations of discrimination that need to be fixed. But claiming that conservative opinions are being suppressed is not one of them. On the face of it, given the number of conservative .outlets, it would seem that they are well covered.  
We need now to actually propose real issues to be addressed by the fake outrage machine, where the angst can be most useful. Things like ending the anti-science movement, and stopping the pro-plague groups.  Ensuring that there is equitable access to medical care.  And the list goes on. They’ve already fine tuned the art of winding up their audience, it’s time to use their powers for good. Just imagine the rejoicing in heaven; it wowhen there is a collective effort to protect the weakest members of society and to ensure the safety of the population as a whole?  It would be phenomenal!
I’ll leave you to contemplate this delectable  outcome and to think about how we can bring it about… until tomorrow, then!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!