Anger

 

Another day of pain that interfered with my life. Very annoying. I'd like to find a way to eliminate it or at least reduce it to a dull roar. In fairness, I can eliminate the pain, but at the cost of being zoned out. The happy medium of low-to-no-pain and being alert is the goal! I was being cuddled all day by a small black dog who thought that I needed close supervision. I must admit that he was super adorable with his behavior. He left me not long ago to relocate to the sofa (and Don's throw!) I'm heading to bed early to try and overcome the pain.

There is a protest happening today against vaccine mandates. For the last few days police have been warning people to avoid downtown as the idiots were planning to block roads. I've been hearing horns blowing since this afternoon as the lead morons began to arrive. They are expected to interfere with traffic all weekend. They claim, ironically, that a vaccine mandate infringes on their freedom (to infect their communities?) while impeding the freedom of movement for the thousands of downtown residents. Unsurprisingly, I'm not supportive of this protest. They argue against the mandate in Canada which requires that truckers crossing the border be vaccinated or face 14 days of quarantine-completely overlooking the fact that the US has the exact requirement. They are being encouraged by several anti-vaccine groups and fringe elements who link this protest to anti-Semitic, anti-immigrant and racist elements. A few politicians have aligned with the movement, pandering to the lowest denominator. 

I dislike the divisions that are fostered and deepened by self-serving hate mongers, and built on by those seeking to profit from the divisions. The divisions and the hatred are utterly despicable. I'd hope that any politicians who adhere to this approach should be voted out. But somehow they find followers-who are, IMO, dreadful. The analysis? If you preach hatred against any group, or attack a group for disagreeing with you, it's not a good approach.  Don’t do it  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!