Annuit cœptis

 

Today marks my 23rd anniversary of moving to Canada. It's been a long, mostly fun, time. Part of me thinks that I've done a lot, and part of me thinks that I should have done more. It's like that for everything, isn't it? Part of you criticizes everything. Don and I were reminiscing about my life here, laughing at most of the memories. The last 10 years have been both the most challenging and some of the best. I'm very grateful for the many friends that I've made in this lifetime. Many are work friends who made the transition to personal friends. Some I met on courses, or at dinner, or in random places. One of my closest friends I met while shopping for clothes, and this year makes it 20 years that we've known each other. Another very close friend I met at work, and we've been practically inseparable for over 20 years. It's wonderful to know that these people - and others - are an integral part of our lives. I honestly have only praise for my friends in Canada-not only in Ottawa. I've also been fortunate enough to maintain and renew many friendships in Trinidad and in Europe, the U.K and the USA. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to think of all these terrific people who have welcomed me into their lives.

I would love it if I could travel to visit my friends this year. The trip to my sister over Christmas made me realize how much I have missed seeing others in person. Maybe my 24th anniversary will see me having done some fun travel. Fingers crossed!

I just got photo proof that both my dad and aunt have got their booster shots. I'm happy about that. It's one less worry as they're protected. And, just to put a cherry on top, my 10 days of isolation are now ended, I haven't done a covid test as I continue to be asymptomatic. I'm just waiting now for my nurse to test negative- I assume that he is, but he's not in direct contact with me. All of our communications are by phone call. I expect to get a call on Monday to arrange a visit. This evening, I'm playing dog bed and puppy tummy massager to a small, black, furry dictator. He climbed into my lap, tossed out my crochet and reading matter and curled up-at least until Dan returned to the sofa, when I was abandoned.


That’s all for now.  Good night 😴 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!