beatae

 

It's birthday season! Today there are at least 3 birthdays to be celebrated...

The first is a friend of the family's. A God-loving, upright woman who has demonstrated kindness and caring in everything she does. Happy day, Ms. M! 

The second is my dearest friend, who is celebrating along with his twin. He pretends not to want any fuss or notice taken of today, but I know what happens when I listen to him. Besides, today is a MILESTONE birthday-which is a VERY BIG DEAL! Happy birthday to you, Mr. P! 

Third is my niece, who is now at the age where her birthday gift from her aunt and godmother is her learner's permit... Her mother is currently reacting to this step towards independence, and is learning to adapt... Auntie is doing an excellent job pretending to be cool about it. Apparently I'm supposed to be the guide to adulthood-an intimidating concept, to say the least!

I don't need much of an excuse to celebrate. I'm of the view that we should take the time to be happy about our accomplishments. Too many of us seem to think that we need big, showy undertakings to mark events. You've heard of things like "prom-posals" and gender-reveal parties (one of which famously started a huge wildfire) and so on-I'm in favour of marking little things. I celebrate things like getting a hospital gown with pockets, so maybe I go a bit overboard? But a 3- birthday day definitely calls for cake, or ice cream or cookies. I survived on cookies for this. Definitely, though, cake was called for!

Jerry is in his preferred position, curled up on my toes  He had a busy day today, chasing his toy and bouncing around off the couch.  He’s run Don ragged; I escaped to hide with spasms in my back. When I re-emerged, he took a flying leap into my lap and sprawled out for tummy rubs.  

Wishing a very happy day to all of the birthday people. I hope that you all have a good year ahead and that you're well-spoiled by those around you today. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!