bono malum superate

 

Last night I was suffering some dreadful pain, and I went to bed fairly early, although the pain kept me awake for a few hours. I finally fell asleep and woke up rested but sore. I've opted to use today to rest instead of getting into some chores... those will wait. And if this pain persists, I'll begin calling around for help.

When I awoke this morning, the view from my window was... white! It had started to snow last night, and it's continued today.  Deep snow, of the light blowing kind, which makes for poor visibility. Another reason to be happy to stay in! Even my nurse agreed, and he'd called to cancel. He explained that he'd almost been trapped at a client. Since I am not considered critical (Thank God!) we agreed to delay my visit until Wednesday.  Don was relieved that he didn't need to wake up too early, while Jerry was sprawled on my lap, only moving for better petting. He's currently trying to beg ice cream from Don, without much success. I expect him to come scratching at me for attention in a minute.

I was able to spend some time on a crochet project. It's relaxing for me, when I'm not in too much pain. Thankfully I've got enough energy to work on it a bit. I was browsing some YouTube videos on various hobbies, while I was dealing with pain and depression. I'm amazed at how many options there are for hobbies, and how creative some people are. Starting at the bottom are many, "You'll be amazed at these up cycled..." ones. I disbelieve the results, but I'm amused at the apparent items. (Foot-shaped candles? why?) Then there are some lengthy "How to" videos, which are like recipe blog posts that go on for 3 pages about a childhood incident, before getting to the actual recipe... Finally, there are concise, well-edited videos that provide a detailed view of the project. I've weeded through many videos, learning some new crochet stitches. I have a lot to do to master them! I am not going to make items to fill a stall, but I'll continue having fun making gifts for friends.

One friend was encouraging me to get into scrapbooking. As pretty as the results can be, I'm not certain that I'm cut out for that-no pun intended! But my video-watching introduced me to bujo - bullet journals -which combines journals with scrapbooking. It may be worth exploring, as journalling is a definite possibility; the bullet part includes little doodles and stickers, which should be fun and easy. The whole bujo idea (why contract the words?) led to Japanese stationery, which makes me want to go back to school so I can have the cool items-pen, notebooks, erasers... all so lovely! Maybe I'll take out my colouring pencils and books to entertain myself, and overcome the urge to buy stationery. what do you think? And, of course, continue my crochet projects.

That's all for now; it's stopped snowing for a bit, so I'm going to enjoy looking at the drifts before full dark. Take care, stay warm (for those in Trinidad, stay cool) and I wish you a relaxing night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!