lege artis

 

I had a very early appointment at the hospital for a bone density scan. The tech was very pleasant and explained the procedure in detail and was obviously trying to put me at ease. Not that I needed it-I've done enough tests that my approach is to just get them done. He said that my doctors will get the report in about 10 days, and I'll get a copy at the same time. They took my height and weight, and I've lost in both areas. After the back surgery, I'm now 5" shorter than before. I also lost another 15 lbs in just over a month. In either case, I'm not thrilled. At least Jerry doesn't care how short I've become. He curled up on my lap and took a nap today when we returned from the hospital. (He spent the whole ride sitting up on my lap.) He eventually moved when Dan came to sit on the sofa, and is now sitting on Don's (sore) shoulder staring at me.

I'm fed up with appointments and tests. I'd like to be done with them and I'd prefer a more ordinary existence. I mean, I wish I didn't need a chair so I could shower and I'd prefer to wash my own hair (unless I'm at my hairdresser). I'd like to be at my original height-so I could reach my own kitchen shelves! It's so frustrating. I'll go read my books and perhaps play with my colouring pencils and images. I'll feel better, I think, if I pretend to be a kid again!

I'm off to catch up on some sleep after I get the bread out of the oven. I needed to bake to work out some of my frustrations. Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!