arte et labore

 Merry Christmas to my Orthodox friends. May it be a happy, holy day filled with joy and family.

My back has been acting up again, and the pain is just... annoying. I'd like to have it go away, and be able to move freely. But it seems that I'll have to put up with it for a while. I have been trying some different pill combinations to see what could alleviate the pain. Unfortunately, nothing works for any length of time. I have found some relief from over-the-counter medications which let me skip my narcotics, so good. We are happy when I don't need to rely on the big guns. My sleep is still a bit erratic, but at least I'm getting a couple of hours continuously. Don has managed to injure his arm again, playing with Jerry. They are now both curled up on the sofa, relaxing. I'd prefer that he didn't have that pain-one of us with limited movement in the family is enough!

I'm in a little conundrum. I'd promised to crochet some items for the kids. I dug through my yarn stash to find colours that could work-and now I'm hunting for a pattern that I can use. I've scrubbed my usual collection of sites, and I've tagged at least 30 patterns-and every time I go through to pick one, I add another 3! Help! Any advice on how to not keep adding more would be appreciated. If I lived to be 200, I'll never finish all the patterns I've marked!

I know; it's a distraction, and it's my approach to keep myself busy and less downcast. But I've got to sort this out soon. I'm off to bed-I'll try to set some parameters tonight so I can begin work tomorrow, and complete the items in time for my niece's birthday. Good night!

.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!