Luctor, non mergor

 

Did I mention that I'm fed up of being sick? I am, really! I slept for 14 hours last night, and I'm ready to go back to sleep already! It doesn't help that my back feels like I've been hung on a rack and there are all sorts of stabbing pains. Growl. But- to prove that clouds have a silver lining, I've got a bit of uplifting news! My physiotherapist was here to do a reassessment of my condition after about 4 months. She's the same one I had last summer, so we were both pleased with that. She said that I've improved markedly in the interim. The last time she saw me, I'd just been diagnosed with a fractured vertebra, so she was a little worried that I'd been set back. But I've improved my balance, strength and stability. I felt wonderful, hearing that news, as you can imagine. I'm going to find some celebratory cake, I think!

Jerry has been glued to my lap, snuggling up for hugs. He's been extra-affectionate as it's been dreadfully cold. I'm woken up by him walking on my tummy to find a cuddle spot. For some reason, he doesn't do that to Don, although he will try stealing his blanket. Can you guess that he gets away will all sorts of mischief?

In other encouraging news, my aunt is back at home out of the hospital. She will need further treatment, but it can be done on an outpatient basis, so that's a relief. Thank you for your prayers, and please keep praying for her continued improvement and recovery.

My niece is preparing for her confirmation this year. I'd love to be there, and I'm hoping that things work in my favour... but meanwhile, she and I are discussing the topics raised in the classes. I'm not fully aligned with the teachings, although I try to avoid outright conflict and controversy. She comes to me with questions that she doesn't think were answered fully and we discuss them. I continue to be amazed at her thought processes and her questions. It is humbling that she trusts me enough to ask and to argue if she disagrees. We’ve been discussing dating and relationships and things like, how do you know that you’ve met “the one”?  We spoke about the importance of having friends of all sexes before committing to a single person, and being able to differentiate between infatuation and love and other such things  I confess that it’s not always easy but if it’s left to pop culture and “friends info” then it’s even more complicated!

I'm very pleased with that- someone who is open minded enough to ask questions and challenge information is someone who has a lot of potential. It's more challenging if you're naturally reticent, so I'm delighted that she's able to overcome that and challenge me. I'd like to think that my various godchildren have enough inner strength to push back and ask questions even when it's of an authority figure. I'm pleased that they've learned to challenge while being respectful of others' views. I'm so proud of them for doing that! Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!