ab hinc

I'm very tired tonight, but for a good reason. I went early Christmas shopping with a dear friend. It was fun, but exhausting for me. I don't think that I did a lot, but my body obviously disagreed! But at least I got a couple of gifts for my baby niece and nephew. I also got some items for the tiny dictator... The bags have been put out of reach of his very efficient and inquisitive nose, so there's hope they'll survive until the Day. I have 3/4 of my lunch in the fridge as I could not eat it all. No surprise there!

"Wheel of Time" launched today on Amazon Prime streaming. I was torn when I heard about it, because I bonded with that series from the early 1990's until the final book in 2013 (the series was completed by another author, as the original died midway through.) Every film adaptation stresses me, as they all fall short of the written work. "Dune" is another great disappointment; "Ender's Game," "I, Robot." "The Bicentennial Man" (The movie that ended my watching any Robin Williams show ever) and "The Hobbit" being others. But I thought I'd watch it, and I lectured myself before that I'm not to compare scenes to the book, nor to find too many issues with casting. So it's partly out. Three episodes were launched today, and others will be released weekly. Annoying, but not deal breaking. This series has over 20 THOUSAND named characters in the 14 books. Apparently, that's not enough for the TV adaptation- they've created several new ones. Casting seems good so far, with the actors matching (mostly) the descriptions. They've opted for what one reviewer called "the Benetton ray camera" (i.e. lots of diverse characters, which reflects well on the book itself.) But why are the first 2 villains we meet both Black? I won't reread any more of the books until I've watched all the episodes, just to try to give them a fair-ish chance. So far, the New York Times has given me an impetus to watch.-its review dismissed it as "not a successor to Game of Thrones." I'm happy, as I stopped watching GOT in season 1 due to the blood-and- gore that soaked every. Damned. Scene! We'll see how it develops. I'm sure there are other things to occupy me otherwise, so no complaints.

Not much else to report. I'm being given the cold shoulder for going out WITHOUT my little shadow. When I got home, he'd thrown my cushion on the floor and he ostentatiously jumped up on Don and stayed there since I got in. I've got work to do to be forgiven! Preparing for tummy manages tonight๐Ÿ™‚ Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!