Felicitas

 

Happy American Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating. I hope that you are able to enjoy time with family-either in person or for Thanks Zooming. 🙂 I wish you wonderful times and many hugs soon!  To my favourite pest-yes, I'm stealing your idea!

I spent several hours at the hospital this morning for a doctor's appointment. The doctor was over an hour late getting to me, but she explained that there had been an accident so that the Emergency room was taking up a lot of resources, and since I was in the haematology unit... Anyway, the doctor said that I've been doing well, with no recurrent blood clots (despite some scares) and we're reducing my blood thinner meds. My nurse will be here tomorrow to "install" my IV, so I assume that I'll get a delivery of tubing, needles and so forth before he gets here.

Jerry will be annoyed, because I'll have the pump and IV bag, so it limits his snuggling space! We've done that before without problems so I expect it to go well.

Cancer is beyond aggravating. You can, as I've been doing, have a long period of things going smoothly. Then, without warning, it does something to throw your body and recovery for a loop-as mine did this week. I mean, I didn't do anything new or unusual, but here we are, back on hydration and playing with my meds. It is rather frustrating. I will continue to work on getting better, and to remain focussed on the positive. I may need a day of feeling miserable to be able to cope, but I'll try and keep that brief. I may send up a flare for encouragement, but you'll know. It's rather discouraging, finding that your body can betray you!

I feel rather like I'm whining when I have a down day. I've been reminded - repeatedly - that I'm allowed off days, and as many as I need until I feel better. But my down days drag on me enough that it seems like a huge pall of misery, and I don't want to pull people in with me. Thanks for your patience and understanding when I have one of those...

When your body is fickle, it does, though, serve as a reminder that you do not control all aspects of life. Someone told me that if they were ever given my diagnosis, they would opt for medically assisted death. For me, that is anathema. I mean, if I'd done that when I was diagnosed as incurable, I'd have missed a lot of things! Like  my most recent trip to Europe 4 years ago; or my dad's 85th birthday; my niece and nephew; so many times with friends, and -well, they can't all be winners!- this pandemic. I know that they seem like small things, but they were (and are!) all meaningful. There are many more, too, that matter to me. Despite the rough times, it's still a beautiful world, and I like life. So be kind to each other, and rejoice in the day that you have! Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!