generatim discite cultus

Day 2 of the grave application programme finished about an hour early. It was another tiring but interesting day. We actually reduced the number of applications to 20, and dropped one more during the day. I got a complimentary D M from one of the organizers for a comment that I made- we'll discuss in a bit. Jerry was very excited when I came out after the call ended, and he was wriggling and almost tied in knots from excitement. He's curled up next to Don, with his new chew toy under his paw. He's been carrying it around since last night, perfectly happily, and bringing it to be thrown so he can run after it. He ran himself tired, so he's napping quietly. He will recharge, and I'll have a hyperactive puppy later...

So the first application of the day spoke about using 3D printed organs. I'm completely awed at the technology and ideas being proposed. I'm certain that there aren't the latest, most cutting-edge ideas, which is even more awe inspiring. The scientific reviewers identified some jew-dropping ideas as "tried and tested," so obviously there are even more awesome things in development. I'm excited to see what's coming. Between gene- and immunotherapy; printed organs; targeted proteins and who knows what else-I'm inspired. It's really great to know that there are so many people working on this disease. And I know there are people who think that research is a scam-after this week, I WILL hurt them if they even hint that rubbish at me.

As I mentioned, my role was to provide insight from a cancer patient's point of view. Most of the applications focussed, unsurprisingly, on hard to treat cancers. Each one had to include a section on how to communicate the results to the wider cancer community. I made an observation that many of the teams had no method of letting patients know of successful treatments. I said that patients, like me, who have tumours that are hard to treat, need all the optimism we can get. That got me a DM for saying that. But it's true-as long as there are still treatments, we have optimism. And I'm fairly certain that God isn't done with me yet, so hope stays. The plan is rest tomorrow, as the Zoom calls are surprisingly tiring. Good night!

 

Comments

  1. Love your sharing and your spirit to explore and share.....victorious press on Sonja.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!