homo sum

Today was supposed to be the day when I got my IV hydration so I'd hopefully be able to recover my appetite, etc. Let me start with the good news for today. My fasting sugar was in the normal range for the first time in about 10 days. The Ensure Plus has given me a little appetite, and I ate a bit today. So those are all on the up side. The nurse arrived this afternoon and tried to find a vein. My veins are known to be either easy and cooperative or else they hide. Today they hid. The nurse tried 3 times, unsuccessfully, and had to call for another nurse to try and insert the tubing. The second muse arrived, used the last needle, and postponed until tomorrow. Sigh. This is taking longer than I expected, but when it's done things will be better. At least I don't have to try to sleep with the pump, tubes and bag! Guess who was unhappy with the deliveries, nurses and phone calls and is guarding us while chewing on his new toy? He will also be happy not to share his bed with the pump. 🙂

The pain in my back is annoying. It had started to clear up but seems to have decided to hang around, without an invitation!. Hopefully it goes away soon.  I was amused this week when I was asked how I managed not to talk about my pain all the time  I just smiled and said that I try to focus on other things because pain is so regular that it could quickly become my only topic of conversation so instead I ask for pictures to help distract myself  (Thousand thanks to my dear friends who keep me distracted with the lovely photos of flowers, pets and kids!).

Did you ever have flashbacks of meals you've eaten, or is it just me? I was sitting here and suddenly was thinking of a dinner from Valpark Chinese, with sub gum wontons, fried rice, sweet and sour pork, chow vegetables, cha sui pork and chicken in oyster sauce... Not sure what brought that on! It's sadder than it seems, since I can't replicate the meal unless I go there! Do I interpret this as me missing being in Trinidad, or that my appetite is creeping back, or something else? I'm not in the least sad or upset about it, just wondering how many people daydream about food? Clearly I'm dealing with hunger issues... I'll have to sort that out and get my system back in shape!

Ok, so I'll go deal with my hunger issues. I seem to have a more active imagination than appetite right now. Maybe if I let my imagination run wild my appetite will return and things will be good, right? That's it for now. Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!