ab irato


I slept in an awkward position last night, so today I've got a MONSTER stiff neck and sore muscles. So miserable! But at least that pain is manageable and easy to treat. The rest of the day was slow as I tried to regain my balance (my legs, for some reason, decided that they wanted a. day off so I was wobbly) so I did extra rest, and worked on my physio exercises for a while. Jerry was spoiled as Don took him to the park and they saw several friends for about 3 hours. They are both napping on the sofa now...

I heard a snippet of dialogue in a show today that reminded me of conversation that I'd had a while ago. In the show, a couple was having an argument as they were breaking up, and she refused to accept money from him. And I thought back to my discussion with my friend. He husband had offered to sponsor her for citizenship, saying that it would be easier if they had 'the same. Her mother-in-law interjected a snide comment, and in a fit of anger she refused. Years later, after his death, she told me that she'd regretted her decision but allowed her pride to rule her. She said that whenever they travelled, she couldn't enter with her family, but would have to be processed as a visitor. Plus other issues, and when she finally applied the process was longer and more difficult. My take-home lessons were that I shouldn't make major decisions in anger. They are likely to be regretted and costly. Plus I shouldn't allow third parties to get involved. Their motives, while well- meant, may be suspect.

That throw-away line jumped out at me because my dear friend had asked for my opinion and advice. His tenant wants to make some significant changes to the area he's renting and my friend is not comfortable with the suggestion. His answer was "no." but he admitted that he wasn't as firm as he should have been. It's led to a lot-of discord.. My response was that he should've refused and stuck to that. It's led to discord and I'd like to see less distress. Fortunately this isn't an antagonistic situation. I'm sure that it will be easily resolved, even if there are a few tense moments.

It's a shame that our emotions cloud our judgement and lead us into some messy situations.. I think that we really should pause before reacting, especially when we are angry or upset. I hope that we learn to think through our responses before we act.

Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!