amicus certus

It was a stunningly beautiful summer's day today. Crystal blue skies with puffy little white clouds. My dear friend called me yesterday and said that she was jealous that I'd gone out with another friend for chicken sandwiches and hadn't called her, so in retaliation she was coming this morning to kidnap me, and she wouldn't tell me where we were going, but as the kidnap victim I'd be responsible for brunch! (we had a discussion on the roles of victim and kidnapper, but she said that she's an unconventional kidnapper and I didn't get a say.) Anyway, I took her to a bakery where we got some pastries and coffee and tea, then she took me to a spot south of Ottawa, where we found a picnic table and enjoyed our brunch. we got home just after 2, after a lovely day out. I needed to rest after, of course, because it was tiring, but so much fun. I'm glad we did that today. Jerry didn't go with us but he and Don spent a couple of hours at the park. They left a few minutes after I got home, and returned about 5. They came back a little warm and Jerry was tired out from running around and socializing with his. friends. They had lots of fun at the park, and came home wiped out..

I got the distressing news that a friend and his wife were both diagnosed with Covid today. Their kids were negative, as were their immediate relatives, who will be tested later this week. After I'd spoken with my goddaugher, I felt shocked and saddened.   They may need hospitalization. so that's a little concerning. I hope that things go well. That’s, unfortunately, all that  I can do.. I will pray for them, and I'll be careful, be there isn't much else.  Fingers crossed that they have a mild case and recover quick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!