Material medica

 

I slept so well last night! I went in over an hour earlier than usual, woke up twice, just long enough to be aware that I was awake, and fell back asleep again. It was a good 7- 7.5 hours sleep, Today I feel a little tired, but not as much as yesterday. My appointment with my oncologist went well- it was our first in-person in almost 2 years! That's such a long time. Maybe the comfort of getting our treatment plan sorted helped me to relax more? That actually might be true; I did feel more at ease leaving than arriving, and hearing him give her trademark, "we've got the following options. _ " and calmly explaining what we could do. No wonder he's got such a huge fan club! 😊

Tomorrow I've got an 8am appointment. THAT is going to be a challenge, because lately I don't wake up much before 9... <sigh> It will definitely test both my alarm and my willpower! I know that Jerry will be hyperactive in the morning-he always seems to know when I have a change in schedule and gets excited in the expectation of getting his harness put on and heading out. He spent most of this morning curled into my lap until the nurse arrived and he was evicted. I'm sure that I saw tiny placards being designed for a protest march! He's just hijacked a cushion and is using it as a substitute lap; it was the one I sat on this morning.

I will be starting my 6th round of radiation next month.  I got the phone call today. I've done these treatments in 2014, 2017, 2018 (two different rounds) and 2020. I have almost reached the lifetime limit of radiation that can be used. Thank God, the treatments have helped, and I’m still here. My doctors think that radiation is likely to alleviate a lot of my symptoms and, most of all, allow me to plan to travel again! It's been over 2 years, and I need to see my family! Those fakakte pro-plaguers are just prolonging the pandemic with their dotishness and both endangering my health and interfering with my enjoyment of life. I have less than no patience for those chupid cunumunus, who deserve a good planasse, and should not tie up resources because they have been such monumental idiots.

So my niece has challenged me to complete one of my crochet projects before Halloween-she originally said the end of this month but then she realized that is about a week, so she cut me some slack. In exchange, she promises to clear her chores list, even the "icky, hard and yucky" things. Given that she's been ignoring them for a while, I couldn't pass up on the opportunity. The manipulation is getting out of hand! Now I have to get to bed, because- well, early appointment. Good night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!