Infinitus est numerus stultorum.

Happy Independence, Trinidad and Tobago 🇹🇹 

The weather continues to be moderate. I like it. My feet are only slightly swollen, and I am able to manage. My back feels tired but I'm not in agony, so that's good. The biggest negative is that my appetite is still MIA, and today I had tea and toast, lots of water and that's it. Yes, I know. I need to eat something more substantial, but my tummy is refusing to even consider that. I've got the Kettle on, and I'll have some tea while I try to negotiate a meal..-perhaps a mashed potato? we'll have to see. This morning, I received delivery of my home oxygen kit. She showed me how to use it, and I have the for 3 months. Funny story... She arrived with all her stuff and wes setting up the machine, when she realized that she'd left her finger oximeter at her previous client. About an hour later, my support worker arrived and noticed the oxygen machine, and commented that her mother-in-law also used it, and the rep had forgotten an oximeter at their place. We have the same rep! We had a good laugh at how small the world is!

It's probably a good time to discuss a touchy subject, because today I am completely out of the milk of human kindness, so I'll get rid of some of the bile that's backed up in my system.  I was watching & few minutes of the news today, while waiting for one of my caregivers, and I saw a few horrible things. One was of a man in a pickup who stopped to assault a meteorologist reporting on a storm. On camera. Then there was a video of a crowd of protesters from a small town who threatened and attacked a campaign vehicle for the PM. I was too angry to keep watching after that.

Now, I support the right to free speech. I agree that people have the right to protest. I personally do not join crowds with placards to oppose something I don't like, but your right to do that is assured. I also agree that you have the right to not listen to a broadcast you don't like. But nowhere is there any right to physically assault someone with whom you disagree. I think that these people deserve to be prosecuted to the extent of the law. In my opinion, once you cross the line into violence, your cause has lost legitimacy, regardless of which side you're on. In these instances -what did they think they would accomplish by assaulting their targets?

I've heard a lot of the rhetoric which plays on emotions, suggesting that they're being backed into a corner and they're forced to push back. The aggressors were against taking the Covid vaccine. According to their talking points. they're being "stripped of their rights" and if they don't fight back, then they are goose-stepping into Nazi Germany's ovens. I'm dismayed at how the school system has clearly failed such a broad cross-section of the public. They don't understand basic science. They have no understanding of math, nor logic, nor history, nor biology. I admit that when I did biology in high school, genetics was nascent, and we only touched on the most elementary concepts. But I still know how to read a scientific paper and grasp all but the most advanced or esoteric topics. But these people are the source of much aggravation.

There's a point where people demonstrate that they have stopped any pretense of independent thought, and that's when they start to spout total nonsense about things that are utter garbage. There who claim to have scientific backgrounds are possibly the worst because their grasp of basic science is missing. I'm speechless at the utter disgrace of people who claim to be medical professional who have no grasp of basic science. The ones who repeat the garbage claim about microchips in the vaccine, or magnets, or 5G tech, or ... geez, it's a long list!  Look, if you're going to believe nonsense, at least don't get into violence. All you're doing is to demonstrate that you've slept through your education and that you lack the verbal skills to resolve problems. Just disavow the attacks on others. That behaviour is beyond disgusting.

Rant over for tonight.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!