fiat panis

 .

Sigh. It's annoying, but I seem to have reverted to my nights of broken sleep. I've been waking up after a half-hour's nap, and then I'll pass out for a while. Most tiring-no pun intended! My appetite is again poor, and I had 2- 3 bites of toast and I'm full. Very imitating. I'll try going in early tonight in hopes of adding a couple of hours. This afternoon I felt groggy and drowsy. which was draining.

I had an in-person appointment with my oncologist this afternoon for the first time in almost 2 years. His nurse has decided to retire; I knew that she was planning that for some time, and had reduced her hours so she worked 7 days in 16. . I'll miss her- we had sometimes spoken by phone in the last 2 years. It's still a bit of a shock, though. I was fine with doing my sessions by phone or video chat, but in person was great. The appointment was fine, and slightly longer than usual, because we were discussing treatment options and were able to speed things up a bit by bringing in another doctor for a quick-ish consultation. It's all good now..

My niece and I are preparing to make a quiche and salad for their dinner one night this week. I've provided her with the recipes, and she's enlisted her mom to act as her sous-chef/prep cook. LOL. She will text me the day that we'd be cooking, so I can video chat while we go through the steps. we have done this before, with other, now popular recipes. She's also choosing a dessert. On Friday, which marks 2 weeks since her 2nd COVID vaccine, we have planned a cake celebration to mark her reaching full protection! I'm excited by this!

Jerry enjoyed the drive to the hospital very much  he liked the route and he knows the way  he started getting excited when we turned on the road that goes past it  he started whimpering when we turned on the way there and was ready to jump out early!  It was good to see that he was so excited! It’s fun watching him  on the way home, he was wriggling on my lap and trying to wash my face with his tongue.  He’s thrilled that we’re all home again!


Small celebrations, but they are fun. We like finding days to have these events. I do these with her and with my other godchildren, but theirs often depends on their availability, as adults in their late 20's are more occupied than teenagers who are still in school and at home during the day.

All the mini celebrations encourage more! I mean, if we do cake day to celebrate reaching fully vaccinated status, we can then do an ice-cream day for tidying up a bookcase! Then cookies because... Well, cookies are good!

how about a cookie to mark a new ice-cream flavour? All these fun ideas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cloyd

Chemo

The surprise!